- Labels in blue are editable.
- Discounts and Taxes can be for each line or the whole invoice. Switch the Discount and Tax option to use as you need.
- Toggle the icon to show/hide elements from printed file.
- Click + icon to add more values.
- Click % icon to switch between percent and actual values for discount.
Manual Free Invoice Generator
Print Your Copy is a free tool to create professional and attractive manual invoices. You can add your customer details, brand it with your company logo, create taxes as necessary, and apply discounts where applicable. All of this is for free and without any hidden charges. You can download the completed invoice in PDF format.
What is an Invoice?
An invoice is a commercial document issued by a seller to the buyer that lists the items sold with details such as rate, quantity, discount, and tax payable. If the transaction was on credit, it lists the credit terms, due date, and payment terms.
Print Your Copy - Free Invoice Generator to make free invoices
Print your copy is a free tool designed, developed, and maintained by Lucid Polygon. Users can create professional invoices for free without having to sign up or register. The tool has several options that make invoicing easy. Here is the list of options and features.
- Heading: This is the title for the Invoice. By default, it is 'Invoice'. It can be changed to whatever you wish.
- Date and Due Date: By default, the date is set to today. Can be changed by clicking the little icon at the end of the field.
- Labels: Labels in blue colour can be edited.
- Tax Method: There are three methods of tax calculations. The default method is Tax Inclusive.
- No Tax: This means no tax will be calculated
- Inclusive: Tax is included in the line total
- Exclusive: Tax is excluded from line total and will be calculated on top of line total
- Edit Taxes: Here you can create new taxes with rates. By default, it comes with a 0% Tax and VAT with 5%. Can be removed and added as you wish.
- To: Particulars of Customer / Client to whom the invoice is made.
- From: Particulars of you or the company you represent. Mention the TRN number here if you are tax registered.
- Notes: Any special note or information. It will be displayed at the bottom of the invoice.
- Adding Invoice Lines:
- Discount - You can add a number in the first column and choose whether the number is a percentage or an actual discount value in the second column.
- Tax - Can select from the list of Taxes available. If it does not have your required tax, you can create it from the 'Edit Taxes' option on top.
- Display Options:
- Upload/Remove the Logo which will be displayed on the top right corner above From address details.
- Hide/Show Line Discount: Choose to hide or show the discount in each line.
- Hide/Show Line Tax: Choose to hide or show the tax in each line.
- Hide/Show Tax Breakdown: Choose to show the breakdown of total tax at the summary section at the bottom. This option is visible if more than one type of tax is selected.
- Print: Download the Invoice in PDF format. Might take a few seconds depending on your image/logo size. Once completed, an alert will say Invoice Downloaded.
Tips to improve your invoice quality and ensure timely payments
- All the essential elements of an invoice must be included. Such as the word Invoice/Tax Invoice, services rendered or products sold, quantity, rate, amount, and the total amount.
- Mention the terms and conditions clearly at the bottom of the invoice so there is no confusion or arguments.
- Mention Bank Details so customers can transfer the payment. Having it mentioned makes it convenient for customers to pay without having to come back to you and ask the payment method.
- Mention the due date so customers are well aware of the date by when you would expect the payment.
- Mention the payment terms and installment breakdowns if there is so customers are clear how much to pay on what date.
- Display the discount given to customers so they are aware of the benefits they are receiving.
Image guidelines for your company logo
- Upload an unpixelated logo in a small size
- Keep the logo within the size for the best result. The recommended size is 200 pixels maximum width and 150 pixels maximum height.
- Do not upload a large image of the logo that runs into several megabytes. It will cause the PDF invoice size also to increase. A large PDF file is inconvenient to send and for your customers to receive.
- Resize your Logo
- Click to go to an online tool to help you resize your logo to make it into the correct size and dimensions.
- Select Image from your computer and upload
- Select the option - 'Dimensions'
- If your logo orientation is landscape, fill in the width as 200
- If your logo orientation is portrait, fill in the height as 150
- Click Resize button
- Download the logo. This logo is suitable to be used in Print Your Copy for your invoices.
VAT in the UAE
The official portal of the United Arab Emirates Government states the following:
- Value Added Tax (VAT) was introduced on 1st January 2018.
- The rate of VAT is 5%.
- VAT is a consumption tax levied at each stage of the supply chain and ultimately born by the end customer.
- If your business qualifies to collect tax, you must register your business with the Federal Tax Authority and obtain a Tax Registration Number (TRN).
- Businesses are not allowed to charge VAT unless they are registered for VAT and have a TRN.
Tax Invoice in the UAE
The Invoices generated by tax registered companies must follow the guidelines.
- The invoice must state that it is a Tax Invoice
- TRN number must be displayed
- Line items must be tax inclusive
- The amount of tax charged must be mentioned at the totaling stage
- Date of invoice issued must be present
Here are some links to useful information about VAT and Tax Invoice by UAE government websites: